All third party products and services listed on the Site are covered by the original warranties of their respective manufacturers, distributors, and/or seller. STORM is not a manufacturer, distributor, or a seller/retailer as defined in the Consumer Act of the Philippines and, thus, gives no warranty with respect to such products and/or services all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, but without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. As such, STORM will neither accept the return of purchased items for exchange nor refund points or money used to purchase such items, unless the conditions of the Return Policy have been met. STORM can offer assistance by facilitating the transaction between the customer and the merchant for after-sales concerns, such as repair and/or replacement of items, where appropriate. By rendering such assistance, however, STORM does not guarantee the turnaround time for repair and/or replacement of items, nor shall be liable for any claim or liability arising therefrom, as this will depend entirely on the merchant. Please contact the merchant directly for further information. Other than assisting in the facilitation of any return or exchange of purchased items in accordance the procedure below and with the Return policy, STORM shall not be liable for any claim or liability arising from any damage or defect of any item purchased through the Site.
Further, neither STORM nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that any service provided through the Site will be error free, or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted.
1. In order to avail of the merchant/manufacturer warranty, customer must claim a Warranty Certificate from STORM.
2. The warranty is valid only for the original purchaser.
3. Date of receipt of item (based on acknowledgement document – signed voucher or any proof of delivery) is considered the first day of warranty period
4. Warranty claims apply only to defective products. Return of non-defective products are governed by our return policies.
5. Warranty applies only to manufacturing defects, not damages brought about by external factors. Warranty does not cover claims attributed to personal feelings/opinions/intangible points/preferences (e.g. it feels slower, feels funny, sounds odd/peculiar/different, etc.)
6. Service Center warranty commences from date of purchase of customer using the customer’s warranty certificate as proof of purchase.
7. Defective items presented within warranty period will be acted upon in such sequence.
a. First, the item will be subject for repair.
b. Second, item replacement will only be applicable when repair is not possible
c. Lastly, item refund is applicable only when repair and replaced items are still found to be defective.
8. STORM and/or the merchants/ manufacturers will not be responsible, and will be relieved of all liability for, and warranty is void if, any product warranty returns made under the following conditions,
a. Product serial number has been altered, defaced, tampered or removed in any way.
b. Warranty seal has been tampered or altered with in any way.
c. Item has been disassembled, altered, repaired or serviced by others besides STORM.
d. Item has physical scratches or other damages brought about by improper or forceful use. Damages brought about by accident, misuse, neglect, improper handling, storage or installation or by repair or alteration not affected by STORM, misapplication or any abnormal causes (i.e. animal/insect bites or wastes on parts, use of wrong voltage, power surges, rusts, damages caused by the use of non-original accessories or consumables, stains caused by beverage spills, damages caused by fire, rain, floods, earthquakes, and other incidental events)
e. Damage by accident
f. Root, Jailbreak, Software modification, Custom ROM/Firmware Note: "In any way" includes, but not limited to, incidental, accidental or intentional. Pen marks are considered tampering
9. Warranty does not cover:
a. Misuse or mishandling of any kind
b. Acts of God
c. Failure to follow product guidelines
d. Damage due to incorrect installation or cleaning method
e. Damage due to electrical fluctuations
f. Wear and tear due to normal usage
g. Sudden and unexpected changes in manufacturer specifications
h. Dead, bright pixels less than 7 pixels
i. Consumables (i.e. keyboard, mouse, speaker, ink cartridges, ribbons, CD-R, fans, batteries etc.)
j. Misapplication or any abnormal causes (i. e. animal/insect bites or wastes on parts, use of wrong voltage, power surges, rusts, damages caused by the use of non-original consumables, stains caused by beverage spills, damages caused by fire, rain, floods, earthquakes, and other incidental events)
k. For any product with screens, bright dots or dead pixels are normal. It is a phenomenon, an intrinsic characteristic and limitation of TFT manufacturing technology. It’s not a defect and as such is not covered by its warranty. However, we will accept RMA claim if it exceeds 7 pixels during the warranty period. There is no warranty and replacement for dead pixel concerns and accessories. As such, screen/product quality, accessories completeness/quality should be checked thoroughly during the transaction.
l. Often, there will be discontinued sale and support of certain products that have become obsolete as defined by the market or the product's manufacturers. In cases where such products are claimed for warranty, customers will be given three options:
i. Item will be sent to manufacturer for repair, provided materials and parts for that particular product are still available. This will take minimum of 45-60 days lead time upon receipt of the item by the manufacturer
ii. Obsolete products will be upgraded to the next higher model available, provided the end-user will pay for an upgrade fee, which is the difference of the price of the item to be replaced and the purchased item. Price basis will the current market value of both items.
iii. Customers will be provided support in the form of incentives points based on current market value of that specific item (e.g., the purchase price of the product less a reasonable amount for usage and depreciation) based on the manufacturer’s standards.
1. The warranty set forth is exclusive and no other warranty, whether written or oral, is expressed or implied.
STORM specifically disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
2. In no event will STORM or its merchants be liable to the client for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use of any product or documentations like computer hardware, software, accessories, upgrades, etc., including any lost profit or lost savings, or any claim by any party, even if a representative of STORM or its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
3. If good(s) that has been sent to a third party manufacturing representative through STORM for service warranty, STORM will only serve as a bridge in following up the Goods and will not be liable for any failure and/or delay in releasing the item(s).
4. STORM shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any item(s) that it checked-in or sent to its office due to floor, fire, earthquake or other abnormal conditions beyond its control.
5. Reminder: Lifetime warranty refers to lifetime of the product, and not the customer. Lifetime warranty will cease when product has been phased out. Lifetime warranty isdefined as the serviceable life of the product.
This is defined as the period during which all components are available. Should the product prove to be irreparable, STORM or the manufacturer reserves the right to substitute an equivalent product if available or to retract Lifetime Warranty if no replacement is available.
6. The Customer shall not be entitled to reject the goods and, in the event of a breach of contract, any damages recoverable by the Customer shall be limited to the reasonable cost of remedying such breach of contract provided that the Company shall first be afforded the opportunity of carrying out any necessary remedial work by itself.
7. Warranty does not include software or virus problems. STORM is not responsible for loss of program or data stored on hard disk drives. The customer is responsible of having their data backed-up before requesting warranty service. STORM will not be liable for any loss of data, loss of profits and/or opportunities, or any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages in relation therewith. STORM shall be free from any legal liabilities or responsibilities to the software/s installed/loaded in products sold with regard to the licenses as required by the intellectual property rights law.